Metrus Energy is expanding its team and is interested in hearing from qualified applicants who are ready to make direct and immediate contributions to deal closings and growing the company’s energy efficiency finance platform. Please send us an email with a cover letter and your resume to apply for one of the positions listed below.
Project Development Manager
This individual will be responsible for project development and financial modeling activities that lead to closings of successful energy and water efficiency projects. The Project Development Manager will screen and analyze early-stage project opportunities in the private industrial, commercial, healthcare, and higher education markets. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with excellent analytic skills and keen critical thinking to successfully build and run deal models. This individual will also help support Metrus business development efforts with channel partners and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Building, adapting and running project financial models in Microsoft Excel
- Analyzing projects investment opportunities to screen for economic and financial viability
- Communicating with customers, financial institutions, and channel partners (ESCOs and contractors) to obtain and analyze deal information
- Interacting comfortably and skillfully both within and outside the company
- Being a creative thinker, a good listener and a good conversationalist in order to promote productive dialogues about how to build client relationships and close deals
- Resolving time-sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibiting strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Preparing written reports as well as presentations and marketing materials that advance the company’s business development initiatives with customers and channel partners
- Engaging channel partners on business development and supporting direct sales campaigns
- Managing multiple projects and coordinating work efforts with other team members
Experience & Qualifications
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- Strong analytic, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct project financial analysis using existing excel models as well as ability to build and adapt new models
- Strong work ethic and a flexible, solutions-oriented disposition that can excel in a start-up
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks and analyses that support business development, sales & marketing and project development efforts
- BA degree and a minimum three years of work experience
- Experience in a transactional environment in the clean energy sector is a plus
Salary and Benefits
Salary for qualified candidates will be commensurate with their experience and will include a competitive incentive plan for annual project closings. Benefits include medical and paid vacation.